The Constitution of India has given the right to vote to every Indian citizen above the age of 18 years. In a democratic nation like India, the elected representatives of the people are elected by popular vote, every Indian is given an opportunity to participate in the electoral process. Voter ID cards act as proof of identity and proof of address, apart from their use as an identity document for elections. With over 80 million eligible voters, India is the largest democratic nation in the world.
It is a responsibility given to the Election Commission of India to ensure the conduct of the democratic process as per the guidelines laid down in the Constitution of India. The electoral process in the states is overseen by the respective State Election Commissions. The Election Commission of Manipur registers eligible voters in the state and conducts elections at various levels in the state. The voter registration process has now been simplified and made more convenient with the introduction of online applications and form submissions.
Let us first tell you how the Manipur voter list is downloaded. We are telling you step-by-step points below, by reading which you can also download your voter list sitting at home.
How to Check Name in Manipur Voter & Download?
1. First of all you need to go to this https://ceomanipur.nic.in/erms/ website. You can also go directly to this website by clicking here.
2. As soon as you open the link given above, a new page will open in front of you. Now you have to click on Draft Electoral Rolls for SSR 2020. You can see the photo below.
3. As soon as you click on Draft Electoral Rolls for SSR 2020, a new page will open in front of you. Now on this page, you have to click on Final Roll. You can see the photo below.
4. As soon as you click on Final Roll, a new page will open in front of you again. On this page, you have to enter the code and click on the Download button. You can see this in the photo below.
5. On clicking the Download button, the Manipur voter list will start downloading.
Manipur Voter List, How to Apply for Voter ID?
Every person of Manipur can also apply for Voter Id Card offline by following the points given below.
1. First go to the electoral office and collect a copy of Form 6.
2. After that fill in the details and submit the form along with the required documents to the election office.
3. Then once the form is reviewed, a booth-level officer will visit your home to verify the details.
4. After verification, Voter Id Card as mentioned in the form will be sent to your address.
Documents Required for Voter Id Card
The below-mentioned documents must be submitted while applying for a Voter ID Card in Manipur. Your application will be accepted only on submission of the below-mentioned documents.
1. Passport-size photograph.
2. Proof of Identity (copy of Passport / Driver’s License / PAN Card / Bank Passbook / Aadhar Card etc.)
3. Proof of Address (Copy of Ration Card / Aadhar Card / Passport / LIC Policy etc.)
Why Voter Card is necessary?
Everyone gets a voter card made, but still, the same question keeps swirling in the minds of many people why is a voter card necessary? So today we are giving you the answer to this question in the points below.
1. Proof of Identity –
As mentioned earlier Voter ID is important and unique to one as it is the legal document that acts as your identity proof. If you want to take advantage of the government scheme then you have to prove your identity. Also ask for ID proof from profit and private institutions such as banks, insurance, gas companies, online travel companies, and more.
2. Casting Vote –
The main reason voter cards are issued during an election is for the eligible candidate to be used to cast votes during the election. This is possible only if you have a voter card.
3. Registration in Voter List –
Voter ID is also required for the purpose of obtaining proof of domicile for the particular state. By proving your identity you can get the domicile issue for the address where you live.
Benefits of Voter Id Card
You have known why a voter card is necessary, so now let us also tell you the benefits of a voter id card.
1. Voter ID card serves as the identity of every person. You can use it everywhere to reveal your identity.
2. The voter card holder is the accepted voter of the country.
3. The card contains the identity of the person like a photograph, signature, and fingerprints of the person on the name of the card.
4. The card serves as an accepted form of personal identification.
5. By having a voter card, fraud at the time of voting can be avoided.
Friends, in today’s article, we have given you complete information about how to see the voting list of Manipur and how to download it. We hope that you liked this article very much. You must share this article with your friends so that this important information can reach more people as well.
All Images Courtesy : https://ceomanipur.nic.in/