How To Process Duplicate Voter Id Card: Voter Id card is the most important documents issued by the government to the Indian citizens.
Once your voter ID card has been issued, you can use the same card throughout your lifetime to participate in elections. In the event the card is lost, misplaced or is unusable due to being torn or mutilated, you can apply for a duplicate card.
How To Process Duplicate Voter Id Card:
Applicants can apply for a duplicate voter’s ID card in the following situations. Your voter id Card misplaced or stolen. The applicant will have to submit an application form along with supporting documents to the Electoral Officer, who will issue the card after verifying the information.
- Visit your area police station and file an FIR informing them the loss of the voter card.
- Visit the electoral office nearest to your place of residence and collect a copy of Form EPIC-002, which is the application form for duplicate voter ID card.
- Submit your documents like id proof, photo, Aadhar card, and FIR application that contains that you lost your Voter ID Card.
- Submit the form along with the documents to your local Chief Election Commission office.
- Your application will be verified by the Electoral Officer and on successful verification, you will be issued with a duplicate voter’s ID card.
- Check the status of your duplicate voter ID from time to time to know when you would receive the voter ID card.
- First, Log on to the official website of your state’s Chief Electoral Officer.
- Download application form EPIC-002 which is the application form for issue of a duplicate voter ID card from your state’s Chief Electoral Officer’s website.
- Fill in the form and attach all the required documents as mentioned in the form such as FIR copy, proof of address, and proof of identity.
- Submit the form to your local electoral office, whereupon you will be issued a reference number.
- Submit the form along with the required documents to a local electoral registration office.
Click Here =) Download Application Form